Terms & Conditions for Hospitality Services
PCO CONVIN is the official FoodMicro 2020 Conference partner for hospitality services (i.e hotel accommodation, land arrangements etc) and is the only agency offering hospitality services in the city of Athens on behalf of the FoodMicro 2020 Conference.
As the official housing agency, PCO CONVIN provides professional customer service & support for all your hospitality needs.
We can secure your room in a wide range of hotels in the area of the Conference venue, the Megaron Athens International Conference Centre. Early booking is highly recommended.
Individual Reservations: Participants can book their hotel room/ other services online at the official Conference online services form
Group Reservations: For group bookings (5 rooms or more) please contact the FoodMicro 2020 Conference hospitality services team by e-mail: email@example.com
Group reservations are not accepted online as different terms and conditions apply.
Hotel Reservation Terms
- Room rates are quoted in Euro, per room, per night, including Breakfast and VAT.
- Please note that a new tax is charged in Greek accommodation units and imposed as of January 1, 2018. According to this “stayover tax”, the amounts of 0,50 Euros will be charged per room per day in 2* hotels, 1,50 Euros in 3* hotels, 3,00 Euros in 4* hotels and 4,00 Euros in 5* hotels. These amounts should be paid directly at the hotel by the guests.
- Check-in time is 14:00; check-out time is 12:00.
- Rooms are available from September 7th to September 10th, 2020. Any query for extension of dates will be handled upon request and will be subject to hotels’ availability.
- The official accommodation partner for the FoodMicro 2020 Conference is PCO CONVIN. Any queries regarding the accommodation should be addressed only to PCO-CONVIN. Please note that hotels will not accept any changes, cancellations or payments directly except the stayover tax direct settlement mentioned above.
- No reservation will be handled without the accommodation form fully completed and accompanied by the full credit card details or bank transfer receipt for the payment.
- A pre-booking confirmation will be sent by email within 7 working days of the properly filled in accommodation form receipt and relevant payment.
- The final confirmation will be sent after full payment has been received.
- The selected services’ total amount should be received in its entirety. The bank charges are additional and are the responsibility of the payer.
- In case taxes and / or VAT change, the Organizing Secretariat reserves the right to change the rates accordingly.
- All bank charges associated with any refund will be the responsibility of the delegate.
- You are kindly requested to advise the Organizing Secretariat for any special requirements you may have (disabled person, specific dietary requirements, non-smoking room etc) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any pre & post Conference date bookings must be fully paid after the confirmation of the availability, within the specific deadline date given through correspondence by PCO CONVIN.
- Your accommodation booking will be secured and valid only upon receipt of the full payment to PCO CONVIN (Organising Secretariat & Official Housing Agency), within 7 working days. In case of payment through Bank Transfer, please forward the bank slip for cross-reference purposes to our Hospitality Department at email@example.com. Upon receipt of the respective amount, your accommodation booking will be confirmed by e-mail. In case no payment is received within 7 working days from submission of this form, the Organizing Secretariat will have the right to cancel the reservation.
- PCO CONVIN cannot be held liable for any damage or loss of any hotel property during the stay of the guests/ delegates. The guests will be exclusively and solely responsible for any damage or loss caused in the hotel rooms, or any public areas within the hotels’ premises.
Cancellation & Alteration Policy
Any cancellation of your hotel booking is acceptable only in writing by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The below mentioned cancellation terms apply only on the Conference dates (September 7th, 8th and 9th). Pre or post-Conference confirmed extra dates, will be granted with full cancellation charges.
- For written cancellations received until April 30th 2020, a charge of one (1) night stay will apply
- For written cancellations received between May 1st 2020, and July 2nd 2020, a charge of two (2) night’s stay will apply
- From July 3rd 2020 onwards: No refund granted for any cancellation received.
- In case of change of the arrival date, or check-in time, please inform the Organizing Secretariat in advance, so that your reservation will not be considered as non-show.
- Full cancellation fees apply for non-shows.
Alterations / Name changes
- Name changes to the room bookings should be communicated simultaneously in writing by e-mail to email@example.com, otherwise the initial reservation will be automatically considered as cancelled.
- In case of name change until August 3rd, 2020, an administration charge of 30€ applies (per room).
- After August 3rd, 2020, no name changes will be accepted.
- Alterations in the total days of stay will be subject to the cancellation policy hereby mentioned.
*All refunds will be processed one (1) month after the closing of the Conference and bank charges associated with this will be the responsibility of the delegate.