Last update: 1 April 2020
This announcement aims to provide information about the coronavirus for attendees, authors and exhibitors of the FoodMicro2020, which is going ahead as planned.
Rest assured that we are continuing our efforts to bring to you a high-standard scientific event, whilst ensuring that the health and well-being of participants is of highest importance.
The information mostly relies on external sources, so we encourage participants to periodically check the information pages of the Greek Public Health Authorities and WHO for up-to-date advice.
The Organizers are carefully monitoring the situation and following the recommendations of national and international public health authorities, in view of the global concerns on COVID-19.
• The official website of the National Public Health Organization provides information about the recent COVID-19 developments, including links and a phone number for further information:
The WHO gives advice on how to protect yourself:
• Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand rub
• When coughing and sneezing, cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – discard tissue immediately into a closed bin and clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water
• Avoid direct contact with people who are coughing, sneezing, or have a fever
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
• If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
The WHO also has a list of ‘Myth busters’.
At the Conference Centre
• At the conference centre disinfectants will be provided